Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Classic Car Night

There are a lot of classic car activities in the St. George area. Every third Saturday in the evening during the good weather months the Iceburg Drive-in, a local hamburger joint, host any classic cars that would like to show up. Last Saturday I drove the Healey there. As you can see, there are always a lot of cars there, but the participants vary a lot. My favorite car last Saturday was the black 32 highboy roadster. Even though it was glass, the car was very well done.

We usually are there from about 6 to 9 pm. About 8:30 I noticed a big black cloud northwest of town. You guess it, it was a big thunder cloud. I immediately departed and of course it poured before I could get home. I could hardly see it was raining so hard and I was nailed by a big sagebrush bush rolling along the street on Sunset Blvd. Since I could not see very well, I thought that I had been nailed by another car without headlight. After an inspection, the bush did not scratch the paint. The stories and the participates are great and we generally have a very good time.











No comments:

Post a Comment